Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Strategy Posts

Matt Cutts on How Google Search Works

Tuesday, April 24th, 2012

Matt Cutts has a particularly useful video today on how Google search works.  The process of how Google crawls, indexes and ranks is useful to understand.  At each step there are challenges for the search engines and for websites looking to maximise exposure.  This is mostly a process video about how things work rather than [...]


Earth Shattering Changes Coming to Google SERPs?

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012

A few weeks ago the Wall Street Journal announced coming changes to Google’s search results that are amongst the biggest in the company’s history and could affect millions of websites that rely on Google rankings for traffic. Semantic search, named entities and changes to what and how Google presents results. What will these changes be and are they as important as billed?


SEO Analytics, Monitoring and Improving – 12 Post SEO Guide #5

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012

Monitoring is vital to a viable Internet marketing strategy and any SEO campaign.  Now that you Know Your Goals, have done some Keyword Research and created an SEO Friendly Website, it is time to put some monitoring in place.  Monitoring your traffic, your site’s performance, your search positions and those of your competition allows you [...]


The Perfect Search Engine

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012

When it comes to marketing we are regularly advised to think like our customers. When it comes to online marketing we also need to think like a search engine. Google, the most important search engine, states its aim to be able to think (and therefore respond) like a searcher. So thinking like an online customer [...]


What is Your Most Valuable Traffic Source? – Really?

Friday, September 16th, 2011

A few months ago, See Why released a great piece of research on E-commerce conversion rates.  They looked at the percentage of traffic various sources sent to the shopping carts of sites and the percentage of sales conversions generated by each source.  These are important insights but there is much more to consider: What are [...]


Writing for Search Engines or Visitors?

Wednesday, April 6th, 2011

Should you write content for search engines or visitors? You need traffic from Google but it’s got to be useful or your site won’t convert, won’t sell. Here’s a quick look at this false dilema and how to make search engine friendly content that users love.


Google Ranking Factors 2011 – Top 4 Signals to Watch

Friday, March 25th, 2011

What ranking factors will be important for Google in 2011? What should your SEO be thinking about to future proof their work? We take a look at the challenge Google faces to keep its ranking quality high and predict our Top 4 Google ranking signals for 2011.


Keyword Research – 12 Post SEO Guide #3

Thursday, October 21st, 2010

Once you know the goals you have for your site, it is time to think about keyword research.  Keyword research is the process of finding and analysing the terms that people use to search for your products or services or content.  Keyword research is about finding the high traffic search terms that will bring visitors [...]


Know Your Goals – 12 Post SEO Guide #2

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010

Before you start on the SEO for your site, it is important that you know your goals.  We need to define the goals of the site and put them in the context of the goals for your organisation.  This step is important.  Not just for the reasons you would find in any business book or [...]


Your Online Marketing Strategy – Naive or Mature?

Thursday, July 29th, 2010

A “good” sales page converts between 1% and 5% of it’s readers but what happens to the other 95%? Lets look at how it might help us formulate a mature online marketing strategy for our site.


Page 1 of 212»